37 Questions to Ask Yourself When You’re Stuck
Get Unstuck Now
Here are 37 awesome questions guaranteed to shake up your thinking, get you unstuck, and moving forward. I highly encourage you to give them a try your self on any problem you are facing, or feel free to use them with your clients.
- What is the problem?
- A problem well stated is a problem half solved. So, please tell me, how, specifically, it is a problem for you now? I’m looking for the root of it. You’ll know you’ve found the root when you feel a swell of emotion when you think about that one thing. Dig deeper until you find it by asking yourself, “how is this a problem for me now?” over and over until you get there.
- What are you telling yourself about why this is a problem?
- What feelings are you focusing on?
- Are you focusing on the past, present or future?
- Is your focus on yourself or on others?
- Who/what are you blaming for the problem?
- When you are totally honest with yourself, what other excuses are you making?
- Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you decided to take full responsibility for the situation, even if it’s not your fault?
- If you did that now what would be different?
- How would that make you feel?
- How would that impact others?
- What else would change?
- What’s stopping you from doing that now?
- What would you need to change within yourself to be able to move forward now?
- If you could design an outcome that would be mutually beneficial, in the long run, for everyone involved, what would that look like?
- What emotions would you feel if you were able to pull that off right now?
- What would you tell yourself if you could do it?
- What would other people say about you?
- Now that you’ve explored the possibilities a bit more, what’s one thing you could do differently that would help the situation?
- What are your top values?
- How does this situation align with your top values?
- How does it not align with your top values?
- By not sorting out this problem, which of your values are you compromising?
- How many ways do you think you know to overcome this?
- What change are you willing to consider making?
- What would happen if you did make the changes?
- What would happen if you didn’t make those changes?
- What wouldn’t happen if you did make the changes now?
- What wouldn’t happen if you didn’t make the changes now?
- How much do you want to move forward on this?
- Is this the beginning or the end?
- Is it a reward or a punishment?
- Are you going to move forward or are you going to quit?
- So when will you stop this from being a limitation?
- How many ways do you know you have solved this?
- What are you noticing now?
Is Your Brain Fried Yet?
Hope you loved those questions!
They’re guaranteed to get people outside of thier old way of thinking – into new territory and possibilities!
Join the Conversation
What question(s) have you found the most helpful to motivate yourself? Your clients?
Save Time and Money with Our
Professional Coaching Tools
Get Your Free Coaching Tool Samples Here
Filling out this form will also sign you up for our newsletter that keeps you informed of promotions and changes at Universal Coaching Systems.