Who Should Run Online Marketing for Your Coaching Business?
You probably already know that I’ve been running my own coaching business for awhile now (just over seven years). But did you know that for almost as many years, I was on the hunt for the perfect online marketing guru/partner to help me grow?
My reasoning was simple, I’m a coach not a marketing person.
If so, this is an article you need to read…
The Ideal Online Marketing Partner
I’m going to hazard a guess that as coaches, we want pretty similar things in our online marketing person. Things like:
- Understands our coaching approach
- Cares deeply about the success of our business and our clients
- Is personable
- Can help us gain new customers in an authentic way
- Doesn’t squeeze us into a one-size fits all approach, is flexible
- Knows lots about things we don’t want to spend our precious time on (e.g. websites, SEO, email lists, Twitter, Facebook and Teleseminars, Webinars, guest-posting, etc.)
Looking in the Right Place
After years of looking, meeting several marketing gurus who seemed to have all the answers, and trying out a few of their marketing systems, I never felt wholly good about the relationship. As it turned out this had more to do with me than with them.
What I eventually discovered is really quite silly (because I wasted so much time when the answer was staring me in the face the whole time) and wonderful (because thing is that after all these years of looking outside of myself for the answer, my best marketer turned out to be within). It’s me!
Time to Step Up
Because I couldn’t find the dream marketing person I was looking for, I finally threw in the towel and decided to actually learn some fundamentals of online marketing myself. When I did that, new and better things started happening in my coaching business:
- I started talking like the boss with a vision (no longer the lost lamb looking for someone to tell me how to run my business).
- Now, I clearly articulate my wishes to people I hire. I am comfortable to ask them for advice, but at the end of the day, I feel confident to call the shots.
- I get it! I see the potential of the online marketing machine and can leverage it to supercharge my coaching business.
I’m so grateful that I finally took the step and got educated!
For further reading check out:
Latest posts by Benay (see all)
- Your top questions about creating products – Answered - December 6, 2016
- How Safe is Your Coaching Business from Self Sabotage? - November 15, 2016
- How to be More Confident as a Coach - November 8, 2016